Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is how long my hair actually is. It's all choppy and messy and the bangs are little bit shorter... and all of my hair is brown. It's not as stylish as this picture but you get the point, don't you? It's short, shorter than it ever should have to be on a girl who likes long hair! Now I did this to myself because I used to straighten and ruin and dye my hair all the time and I wanted a fresh start... it's a bitter sweet thing.

This is my dream length. It will take me years but if I just... resist! The cutting! I can and will achieve this. I must also not ruin my hair or it won't grow out. I heard if you do absolutely nothing to your hair - no shampoo, no brushing, no hair dryers or touching or fiddling or tying up in any short of weird ponytail - it will grow an inch a month. Hahaa! That would be amazing, but is just not gonna happen. I'm content with 6 inches a year and still feeling at least an ounce of feminism with a clean scalp.

I also learned that your hair doesn't grow as fast as it can because it breaks off; that's how oils and some hair products help grow faster hair. It stops it from breaking off as often which eludes you to think your hair is growing faster. It's not, you're just keeping your old hair! Sheesh, I hate split ends.

1 comment: